Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible Word of God.
- There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years.
- In the blessed hope, the imminent return of Christ.
- In the fall and sinfulness of man and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the redeeming blood of Christ.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation.
- Divine healing is available through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it that they might have power to be witnesses. The Holy Spirit in a person's life is evidenced by changes in his life, including a renewed love for God, and people, a commitment to the scriptures and holy living.
- The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill ministry and her Great Commission on earth.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life and minister super-naturally.
- In the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost, the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
- In the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with the glory of God.
- The water Baptism and the Lord's Supper are the two ordinances (sacraments) of the Church to be observed until the time of Christ's return. They are not a means of salvation, but are channels of God's sanctifying grace and blessing to the faithful in Christ Jesus.
- God created humans in His image, intentionally male and female, each bringing unique and complementary qualities to marriage, sexuality and relationships.
Marriage is a God-ordained, exclusive, lifelong union between a man and a woman. This relationship between a husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church. Sexuality is a glorious gift from God to be offered back to Him either in marriage for procreation, union and mutual delight or in celibacy for undivided devotion to Christ. Christians are called to proclaim the truth and beauty of God's design and the redemption of sexual brokenness in our lives and culture through Jesus Christ. (from Focus on the Family)
- The Holy Scripture teaches that both men and women are called to His kingdom ministry and eligible to leadership in the church. The leaders, both women and men, must be diligent to study the Scriptures and understand God's calling on their lives. Church history is filled with women and men who have found productive ministry, not based on gender, but based on God's gifting and calling.
- We affirm that “Those who are called to leadership in the church are to lead a life in obedience to Scripture and in conformity to the historic confessional standards of the church. Among these standards is the requirement to live either in fidelity within the covenant of marriage between a man and a woman, or chastity in singleness.”
Used resources are from: Apostles' Creed, PCUSA Book of Order (2009-2011), Times Square Church's statement of faith, and Focus on the Family.